Background color in TOC (chm) of html help
Erik
2004-09-28 10:58:56 UTC

Can someone tell me how I can change the background of the TOC
(index-window). In this case the white background around the black text.
I'm generating .chm files btw.

Thanks,
Erik
Rob Chandler [MVP]
2004-09-28 13:09:31 UTC
Eric
This feature was left unfinished by the help team.
The problem (as you point out) is the white uncolored squares.
There is no known work around that I know of.
Rob
Hi,
Erik
Pete Lees [MVP]
2004-09-28 13:44:15 UTC
Erik,
Post by Erik
Can someone tell me how I can change the background of
the TOC (index-window). In this case the white
background around the black text. I'm generating .chm
files btw.
You can change the background colour of the Contents tab
but not of the Index, Search, and other tabs, and even
then there is an HTML Help bug that makes this feature
largely unusable: the background colour does not change
behind the TOC text. This bug is described in Microsoft
Knowledge Base article 267973,
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267973.

If you're using HTML Help Workshop and want to try
changing the background colour of the Contents tab, the
procedure is as follows:

1) Open your help project in HTML Help Workshop.

2) Click the Contents tab at the left.

3) Click the Contents Properties button at the top of the
Contents tab.

4) Click the Styles tab in the Table of Contents
Properties dialog box.

5) Click the Background Color Change button, and then
choose the required colour.

Pete